Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Suspicious Nabisco cracker packaging raises safety alarm

Piece of tape found on wrapper in Nabisco's Ritz Cracker box.
Yesterday, I took advantage of  Publix Supermarket's "Buy One, Get One Free" promotion at their Barrett Parkway store in Marietta. I purchased a box of Ritz Crackers.

When I opened what appeared to be a factory sealed box, one row of crackers had a piece of tape on it which looked odd.

"You can return it to the store for a full refund," said Allison who said she was in charge of community relations at the Publix headquarters on Delk Road where I went in person. After asking about the policy for food merchandising as far as this being a health/ safety concern, she said someone would call me back. I have also contacted Mondelez International, Nabisco's parent company, through their website and am awaiting an answer.

I requested that Allison take a picture of the box so they could possibly trace who had packaged the crackers. I am awaiting a call back as to what will be done on this matter.

Of course, I will not be eating Ritz Crackers for a while...

1 comment:

  1. Even if the tape serves some internal inventory, qualityv or rother purpose, it should have been taken out of retail circulation. If the package vwas sealed, on delivery to publix, we should look to Nabisco. Either way, the buyer should beware and not be inconvenienced by the manufacturer or the retailer. Both would appear to have some internal audit, training and customer service/ appreciation work to do. Nobody expects, wants or should have cause for question about a product and a brand like Ritz crackers. Let's just get it done right and now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.