Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Kroger's Lucia tours Atlanta division stores


Right as I was doing my weekly shopping at Kroger in Marietta off Shallowford Road, in walked Atlanta Division President Bruce A. Lucia and his entourage. Lucia is touring stores and meeting customers and associates this week, making sure stores are ready for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Lucia posed for a picture and gave me a $3 coupon! How lucky is that! "Here's a coupon just for taking a picture with me," he said.

Lucia joined Kroger in 1975 as a clerk in Atlanta. Before coming back to Atlanta in 2000 as division president, Lucia served as president of Kroger's Columbus (OH) division which operates 108 Kroger stores in Ohio and West Virginia. Kroger's Atlanta division operates 164 stores in Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama.

Do not use without permission.

Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger is the nation's largest retail grocery chain. It prides itself on weekly specials, manager's specials, and customer points used for fuel savings.

Do not use without permission.
Rodney Lanham is the manager of the Shallowford Road Kroger. In a town hall meeting last week, it was reported that Kroger will add five fuel pumps soon at the corner of Shallowford and Sandy Plains.

©2011 Tomi Johnson. All rights reserved.

10 comments:

  1. I am a former employee of Kroger store 505. September 24th Monday is the day I had to leave. I was mailed one check for 27 days of vacation, I still haven't recieved 3 days of my personal leave. I am still not employed and need my pay, I am raising my little 5 year old. Mr Lucia can you please talk to Roseanna about this check. Iv'e been a good employee and need my money. I will greatly miss my Kroger family.
    Catherine N. Morse, 256-722-1049 (Kroger 505)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I have forwarded your concerns to Mr. Lucia, Human Resources, and the PR dept. Hope you get this matter resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how Bruce lucia sleep well @ night knowing his employees can't afford 2 buy food,& live pay check 2 pay check 7.25 hr bullshit nickle raise bullshit u come around visiting stores and most all employees can't stand u.most kroger employees have 2 get food stamps 2 eat,shame on kroger.god will b ur ultimate judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're ridiculous. You must have been an employee at some time that does the bare minimum and wants everything just handed to them. Mr Lucia is an AMAZING man and President. He cares for every Kroger employee.

      Delete
  4. Kroger has not upgraded in Atlanta.Competition has eroded the store count in metro Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank you for this great read! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    https://wvw-greatpeople.me/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that Mr Bruce have retired I'm sorry to hear that he was a good person I am a customer of Kroger's and every time that man would be in the Decatur area and I will see him in the stores he would give me the $3 coupons torrent my grocery I really appreciate it I haven't gotten since he's left you need to come back mr Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Rosalind Brewer I live in Decatur Georgia is the Krogers on Flat Shoals Parkway in Decatur Georgia I really appreciate employees that work there one employee Justin he's really really helpful and they're probably that's named Kelvin he works in customer service he's very polite and very helpful I really appreciate those employees that works there they really makes you feel good about coming in the store and shopping and I really hate that mr. Bruce that used to come and visit the Kroger's on Flat Shoals Parkway that used to give the $3 coupon torture grocery I wish there were a person that could come back and do that again thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks.

    https://krogerexperiencee.com/greatpeople-me-kroger-employee-login-portal/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually got on the computer to research if another President had replaced Bruce Lucia. I met Mr. Lucia several times as he toured the Kroger stores. Although I live in Grayson I met him a couple of times while shopping at the Kroger at Rockbridge and Five Forks Trickum. He was always very kind and went out of his way to make customers feel special. I absolutely loved that fact that he made it a priority to always open more lanes so that customers did not have to experience long wait times. I am so sad to see he retired but I knew there had to be a change because I almost hate shopping at my Loganville location. I love the staff but they are comparable to Wal Mart with their sense of urgency. There is usually one cashier and the self check out lanes only. I have noticed this at serval of the Kroger locations. Kroger used to be one of my favorite stores because I loved the fact that they placed value on the customer's time. HIs presence is definitely missed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.