Like my aunt who went to sleep while we were driving in an ice storm, I threw in the towel, deciding to write about the debate in the light of morning.
Here's what I think: the game ain't over yet...but a lot of praying will be going on.
Those who were for Romney before the debate are still for him now, and those who were for Obama will still vote for him. The undecided now have to make up their minds which could hinge on the following:
1. What has Romney or Obama done for you lately or in the past?
2. What has Obama been able to accomplish despite meeting challenges thrown at him by Republicans who are trying to get back in office?
3. If you were on the panel to review Obama's job performance record, would you keep him in the White House?
4. What would be the consequences of kicking Obama (the known employee) out of office and replacing him with Romney (the unknown employee)? Is switching administration's a good idea right now?
5. Obama is a seasoned, experienced, government employee. Romney is an unemployed, spoiled, rich guy. Who's the best person for the job?
If I were Obama, I would gather my prayer partners together to strengthen and protect me. Believe me, Romney has already used his Hail Mary pass even though he is not a Catholic. Spiritual strength may be the key to winning this election.
As for me, I am praying for my country (people) and for the next President, whoever he may be, for the seen and unseen. May heaven help us all.
©2012 Tomi Johnson. All rights reserved.