Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The ineptitude of state government shown at drivers license building


Drivers 64 or over have to get a vision screening in order to renew a license, but the wait for that could take hours if you are planning on getting the job done at the County Services Rd. location in Marietta, Ga., even if you have an appointment.
 



But my renewal notice didn’t say I needed an appointment, but I found out when I got there that getting on the schedule was mandatory.




And even if I did have an appointment, I would have to wait hours outside in the cold during Covid because they “just started a new system today, Sweetie,” I was told by the attendant at the front door.


And if you don’t have a computer to schedule an appointment, “you can call 

678-413-8400, but I can’t guarantee anyone will answer the phone,” she said.


“My daughter’s been in there since 9 a.m. , and it’s now 12:13 p.m.,” said one mother sitting in the car with her grandson. “We just moved here from

Tampa, Florida where it’s an in and out process down there.”




I called the number to get help scheduling an appointment but got a message saying that high caller volume wouldn’t allow my call and to go to the website.  If I don’t have a computer or the Internet, I’m screwed.


“People are in line, some without masks, most not six feet apart, and some elderly on walkers. I don’t think they care if folks get Covid or not,” one woman waiting said.




I tried to get a response from the state, but they’re not answering the phone. I guess if we really had a state or national emergency, the SYSTEM would not work. Hope that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.