Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Everyone needs heroes.

Who was your childhood television hero?
As I watched an interview with Tom Hanks about his new movie where he channels Mr. Rogers in a peaceful neighborhood, I thought about the characters on TV from my childhood.

My favorite show was Mighty Mouse. I remember him saving female mice who were tied to railroad tracks by mean villains. 


Then there was Kingfish, Step-in-Fetchit, and Rochester. And Tonto and Popeye and Rocky and Bullwinkle and Captain Kangaroo. 


Those were the real glory days of television.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/18/walmart-shooting-several-wounded-attack-duncan-oklahoma/4228530002/

These were the shows which shaped my views of heroes, morality, and fantasy. Wonder how they did...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.