Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2019

Voting precinct changes may make it harder to vote


So, I’m one citizen that votes but am alarmed that my polling place has changed from within my block to a church miles away.

I’ve voted at an elementary school in my neighborhood over 25 years. Amidst gerrymandering news, I received a card today changing my polling place.

I’ve been informed by an employee for the Voter Registration Office that for security reasons, some schools will no longer be polling places. She said I have options:

1) vote at the newly delegate polling place miles away
2) vote absentee ballot which will cost a stamp (poll tax)
3) vote provisional paper ballot at closest polling place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.