Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Birthdays time to reflect

My singing and hearing aren't what they used to be, but I can still remember and count my blessings!
I told my friends who wished me "Happy Birthday" yesterday that I've stopped counting years and am reflecting back on what I have done to chart my future. My husband is always reminding me that I am somebody, although the fact doesn't feel real as I sit here in my housecoat looking over old photographs and newspaper clippings.

Then I get to thinking about people of God of modest means looking to the hills for help. "God will be with you 'til the very end," my Aunt Virgie told me just before she died. She was persuaded, and I should not lose track of that idea.

All we can do is try our best and hope that history treats us well. Children, remember this lesson.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.