Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Eddie Long's wife calls it quits, then retracts, then says marriage is over...Will Gloria Cain be next?


Infidelity in marriage often leads to divorce, but when you're a high profile person, it's all over the front page.
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/bishop-eddie-longs-wife-1248978.html

Then, Mrs. Long released the following statement through the Franklin Media Group on New Birth stationary: "Upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long. I love my husband. I believe in him and admire his strength, and courage. My filing followed years of attacks in the media that frustrated and overwhelmed me. I love my family and church family, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Therefore, my husband and I have mutually agreed to find healing from these attacks. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time.
Elder Vanessa Long"

Later this evening, however, an Atlanta television station reported that the divorce is still on: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/215654/3/LITHONIA-Eddie-Longs-wife-pushing-divorce-petition-through

Many folks are speculating that members of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Ga. will divorce themselves from the congregation, especially since the church has had to dole out millions to fight lawsuits raised by four young men who accused Long of sexual impropriety.

According to Cathy Meyer, certified divorce coach and marriage counselor, "Infidelity leads to divorce and is probably the single most damaging thing that can happen to a marriage. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most common problems a married couple will face."

It was previously reported that Vanessa Long had moved out of the house during the summer. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/new-birth-denies-rumors-about-eddie-longs-wife/nFPGN/

Will Gloria Cain be the next high profile wife to call it quits? The only thing separating Long from Cain is that one was accused of having homosexual affairs outside of marriage.

After Herman meets with Gloria today, we will see what will go down...

©2011 Tomi Johnson. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.