Search This Blog

Monday, August 21, 2017

Cresent sun and the total eclipse

Eclipse as reported on mainstream television
Ok. So, millions got hyped up over the prospects of a total solar eclipse.

Since I couldn't find any special glasses and was not about to pay $25 to go watch it with a crowd, I made my own viewer from an old cracker box, some aluminum foil, and a nail. I went to my son's house where there's a clear, unobstructed view of the sky. Then we waited. 
My son, Ayron, viewing solar eclipse

View inside my box when eclipse started
What happened next was more than I was expecting...


Selfie with Sun reflection on cheek and brilliance overhead
Selfie with Sun reflection on forehead
I think Jesus came back for a few seconds and reminded me that He has all power in Heaven and Earth, not the politicians. After the brilliant and shining star was haloed by our moon, Jesus decided to retreat, but never did the Sun blacken out or was God's brilliance diminished from my viewpoint...

A lot of people made money off this event which will repeat itself soon.

Jesus is said to be the morning star. God is believed to be the Sun. You should not look at the sun because of its powerful and blinding brilliance. 


Saul was blinded and knocked off his horse while traveling to Damascus. He later became a great evangelist.

The brilliance of the Sun is not diminished by our moon.


What I learned: Nothing can diminish God's power, and we should not forget it!

As we were watching the sun, my son's next door neighbor, whose wife had just died, arrived with the funeral entourage. 

Life and death moves on just like the mission of the sun (Son).
All power in life and death belongs to God, including during a total eclipse.

3 comments:

  1. E says: Thanks Tomi! Looks like you and your son had a great watching. I used a colander and saw a whole lot of little eclipses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D says: Really great idea. I was just a basic builder and did a pin hole in a sheet of paper projecting onto another sheet. Your device is like a mini movie theater. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or email your comments to tomimot@gmail.com.