Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urges people to be prepared for disasters which accompany thunderstorms, lightning, tornadoes, and floods.
You should have on hand:
- A battery-operated flashlight, a battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio, and extra batteries for both
- An emergency evacuation plan, including a map of your home and, for every type of severe weather emergency, routes to safety from each room; an emergency kit in your car
- A list of important personal information
- A first aid kit including, personal hygiene items, blankets/sleeping bags
- A 3–5 day supply of bottled water and nonperishable food